Author Topic: Cody's Operator Application.  (Read 415 times)

Offline Simon™

Cody's Operator Application.
« on: January 11, 2015, 05:53:20 PM »
Server you apply for: GoodGamers DarkRP
Position you apply for: Operator
Steam name: Cody
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26561326
Approximate playtime: Around 3 days.
Reason you want to become an admin: That will be covered below.

Before I begin, I would like to thank Simon for allowing me to post this on my behalf. I was having difficulty logging in to my own account. I also apologise that this has turned out to be rather lengthy.

Hello, as you are no doubt already aware, I am Cody. I’ve been playing on the server for a while now, and I have seemingly made a rather large impact on the community. Since there is a meeting coming up, I feel I may as well take the time to make an application for operator, as I seem to have – at the very least – decent support for the role. However, I do understand that recently some opposition has risen from certain members of staff. While this is an application for operator, I will also take the time to be brutally honest about my time on the server. Hopefully, as a result, you will be able to grasp a greater understanding of me as a person.

To structure this application, I will divide it into two parts, with the appropriate subparts dwelling beneath. The two main parts will be the positives and negatives. In general, I plan to decrease any negative behaviour and enhance the positive aspect. More detail on this later.
As you can see below, I will start off by discussing the notoriety I seem to have gained. I will explain how the majority of my bans were false, before exploring some of my legitimate bans and how I have already paid the price for those minor incidents. Finally, in regards to my bans, I will give you my honest thoughts about my time on the server thus far. In addition, I shall offer my thoughts on how I will change my behaviour and begin to take matters more seriously, taking the time to be sincere about the way I currently feel. Next, I will go through some of the positives, including what I have already brought to the server, as well as what I shall bring in the future.

Negatives:
          Prior bans and incidents:
                    - False bans
                    - Legitimate bans
                    - Final thoughts and intentions
Positives:
          Contributions:
                    - My current contributions
                    - My future contributions
                    - General strengths as a person

Negatives:
          Prior bans and incidents:

False bans

So, let us begin with a quick explanation on why it appears I have been frequently banned. The basic outline here is that quite a few of the bans were false or imposed in a joking manner. Since befriending some staff members, they have agreed that some of the bans were mostly a joke. This would explain why they were all turned over, and I was unbanned from them. As such, I believe these shouldn’t hold me back from becoming an operator. Additionally, please keep in mind that several people have been impersonating me through copying my name, and so some of these people could have caused extra blame to be placed on me.

Legitimate bans

However, I will be honest about this. Yes, I admit in the past I have messed around a fair bit. As such, I may have been banned once or twice for legitimate reasons. However, I have already been punished for these (through the ban itself), and I’ve learnt my lesson. In summary, I will be putting a stop to any silly behaviour which breaches the server rules. More information on this to follow:

Final thoughts and intentions

To conclude, I have had my fair share of confrontation on the server. I have been banned for false reasons, and subsequently unbanned. I have been banned for minor incidents, but I did my time and I now intend to put a stop to this.

Let’s be honest, I haven’t always precisely abided by every rule. However, I don’t believe this resulted in any major problems for the server. I may have bended the rules slightly, but it was all in the name of fun. Despite this, I still plan to put an end to any irresponsible behaviour that I may have demonstrated in the past, in order to take the role of operator seriously (if I’m accepted).

Positives:
          Contributions:

My current contributions

So, what have I currently contributed to the server? Well, I believe I have enhanced the role play, making a significant impact on the server. With help from a few friends of mine, we have created interesting scenarios. For example, we have setup dictatorship governments on the server, enforcing harsh laws with the aid of a police state. While some may argue that this did not help the server, it is an undeniable fact that player numbers increased and CDM decreased (due to road laws). A few members of staff have agreed with me on that, and those were the ones who were on at the time. We had laws which allowed us to tow cars and arrest more people. This opened up the opportunity for gangsters and the mob boss to break people out of jail, as well as people having to pay to have their car returned to them (helping the flow of money through the economy).

Recently, there was a hilarious scenario in which I was driving a bus around. Someone on the bus was singing and doing a freestyle rap about cereal. It had everyone on the bus in stitches, and its memorable moments such as these that attract more players to the server.

Also, I don’t think there is any doubt about my impact on the server. Just the other day, there were around 6 people actually copying my name. This just goes to show that I am well known on the server.

In addition, with the help of a few friends, I believe I have managed to help expose a conspiracy. I will not pass judgement on any of the situations, but we have managed to flush out some troublesome members of staff from the woodwork. I won’t say anymore on this matter, but I would just like it to be known that I have the greater good of the server in the forefront of my mind.

My future contributions

In the future, I plan to continue these interesting scenarios to enhance the role play. In addition, I have some important suggestions for improving the server in the works, and I will be able to formulate these on the forum when I have time.

General strengths as a person

Finally, I believe my personal strengths will aid the server in a variety of ways. Those of you that know me will know me as a friendly and funny person. However, I have had a few incidents with other people who may not view me in such a light. My suggestion is that if you feel I am not a very nice person, you can message me and/or speak to me in-game, and we can straighten out any issues. I am more than willing to spend time improving relationships with people on the server, so come and get to know me and I have no doubt it’ll be fine. That being said, I cannot take full responsibility for any bad blood, as I intend to be honest. There have been times where I have been stabbed in the back or just plain wronged. However, I am a forgiving person, so I am sure we can work something out.

If I haven’t made it clear enough, I believe I am a highly intelligent person who can do a lot for this server. I hope that the length and detail of this application illustrates this, as I wouldn’t have taken my personal time to write all of this if I didn’t care.

So, I am offering everyone my hand here. You can either take it, or leave it. I promise you, I will do my best to mend any damaged relationships between me and anyone else on the server. However, I can only do so much. If you don’t want to reconcile, then I will respect that decision. However, don’t let that affect your decision whether or not to make me an operator. I believe it’s pretty clear that I have a lot to offer the server and the community; I just need you to help me do that.

Thank you for reading.

Cody.

Offline lokopop

• Can tell you a lot when it comes to VB.NET
Re: Cody's Operator Application.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 05:55:22 PM »
Played with this chap, Very good at darkrp, Knows the rules SO... +1 all the way!
Can tell you a lot about VB.NET

Offline [GG]Tense!

• Founder
Re: Cody's Operator Application.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 10:28:25 PM »
The application was discussed in the meeting and has been:

DENIED!

The staff decided that you're not fit for staff at this moment in time.
Great shot! or AIMBOT!