Author Topic: What has Talos been up to? [Web Development]  (Read 922 times)

Offline Talos

• Game Administrator
  • Tiber Septim, God of War and Governance.
What has Talos been up to? [Web Development]
« on: April 13, 2015, 10:12:05 AM »
Not much, but I figured I'd share what I have been working on here anyway since we have a section for this stuff.

http://codepad.dexterbrindley.uk/
This is something I created for a college project, pretty simple and basic but gets the job done. Had a lot of fun using http://prismjs.com/ really great syntax highlighter that I'd recommend.

http://celerity.dexterbrindley.uk/home.html
This I created for my guild on World of Warcraft using the amazing bootstrap framework, not much else to say about it.

http://dexterbrindley.uk/
My glorious homepage, that countdown has been broken for many many months because I've been lazy and didn't do anything with it, I was supposed to finish my portfolio by december 2014. Hah!

http://paladin.dexterbrindley.uk/
Eww, look at that low quality up-scaled logo! Anyway, this was created for a role-play organisation I made on some survival game, one of the earlier projects I made so it looks a little ugly. That colour pallet is vile!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:18:05 AM by Talos »

Offline snoop lion

• Game Administrator
  • I love to helping users, staff and sysadmins.
Re: What has Talos been up to? [Web Development]
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:12:46 PM »
Meh, I don't understand why so many people obsessed with Web Development. Nothing beats a nice plaintext file I say :)
-------------- the words of snoop!-------------------------
I'm not the admin this server wants but I'm the one it needs!!!!! (dramatic fade into darkness!).

I almost got enough Darkrp money to buy the server in darkrp!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Talos

• Game Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 10:57:34 AM »
Meh, I don't understand why so many people obsessed with Web Development. Nothing beats a nice plaintext file I say :)

Earth is rather large, you're going to find groups of people obsessed with almost anything.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:03:00 AM by Talos »

Offline snoop lion

• Game Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »
Yes but it seems like almost everyone when on about programming is like no it web development, there is always more to life then a pretty looking page.
I'm not the admin this server wants but I'm the one it needs!!!!! (dramatic fade into darkness!).

Offline Talos

• Game Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 11:59:13 AM »
Yes but it seems like almost everyone when on about programming is like no it web development, there is always more to life then a pretty looking page.

That's not a very logical way to look at it, there's new internet users daily and it's growing very fast. Did you know 80% of internet users also browse the web using smartphones and mobile devices? Websites need to be designed to be responsive in order to adapt to each device. This is the future, web developers are extremely important, especially so in the future as almost everything will be internet based. I'd go as far as to say web developers are maybe THE most important developers for our future, aside from engine programmers and and the guys that actually keep the www running.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:02:15 PM by Talos »

Offline snoop lion

• Game Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 11:31:46 PM »
Granted fair points but I just trying to say its getting a little bit obsessive as a modern day requirement surely being able to do other things such as automate processes and have efficient programs are should be one of the core parts of programming but guess I just going all old school computing guy on you cool kids with your fancy CSS and html.

Offline Talos

• Game Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 12:34:33 PM »
Granted fair points but I just trying to say its getting a little bit obsessive as a modern day requirement surely being able to do other things such as automate processes and have efficient programs are should be one of the core parts of programming but guess I just going all old school computing guy on you cool kids with your fancy CSS and html.

Correction, web design/development isn't programming. It's an entirely different field and you shouldn't be comparing the two. Stay in the 90's if you want, but the future looks bright if you're able to adapt and stay current.

Offline snoop lion

• Game Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 01:05:13 AM »
Fair enough, but It just seems excessive that all, I don't mind a pretty page of HTML and (insert latest Cwl top plugin of month here) CSS. Please no flame war.

Offline Talos

• Game Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 03:25:44 AM »
Fair enough, but It just seems excessive that all, I don't mind a pretty page of HTML and (insert latest Cwl top plugin of month here) CSS. Please no flame war.

There will be no flame war on this topic :)
I'm just trying to show you why people think web development is important.